Tuesday 25 September 2012

Design Exercise 2: Animate


Week 3:


- Storyboard:

The story is this otherwise inanimate object coming to life. Having human like abilities to move around in the work such as walking and sight. New the the world this little being finds itself walking away from anything in front of him.

- Schematic:


- Arduino Code:

#include <Servo.h>


Servo myservo1;
Servo myservo2;
int sensorPin = 0;
void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
myservo1.attach(5);
myservo2.attach(6);
}

void loop()
{
int val =analogRead(sensorPin);
Serial.prin0tln(val);
if (val > 250)
{
//delay(3000);
myservo1.write(110); // rotate very slowly counterclockwise
myservo2.write(80); // rotate very slowly clockwise
}else
{
//delay(3000);
myservo1.write(80);
myservo2.write(110);
}
}

- Tech Demo:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSs2atvn4mA&feature=plcp


Week 2:


- Complete a functional prototype:

The structure of my project is done and everything is glued and screwed together, also the arduino works, how I want it to work. I did find some problems when working on making the prototype work. I had a hard time getting the servo motors, to turn at the same speed. It seems the continuous rotation servo motors move a little faster, when moving clockwise. My counter-clockwise motor seem to always lack behind, making my whole object turn a little each time it moves. Also since I built my structure before getting my motors, I didn't take into account how much space the servo motors would take up. Nonetheless I did what I can to fix these problems and still came out with a object that works as I imagined it to.

Week 1:


- Concept and Intentions:

So my idea is to make this triangle that will slowly transform itself into something different and then come back to it's original form, yet it will stay in place when it animates. Not sure how far my prototyping will get me, but I'm hoping to make it into a closed off object with a simple switch to turn it on.

How it will work:

So the left and right side of the triangle will be rotation in opposite directions (the right side will turn clockwise and the left one will turn counter clockwise) both will move at the same speed, and as they rotate the corners of the triangles will lift the object up into the air and then slowly bring it down, back to it's original form. Also the square bottom of the object will also turn clockwise while both sides are moving.

- Works that Relate:

Newton's Cradle:


Neocube:


- Storyboard of Object:

The story is, bringing something to life that we usually see or think of in a solid non-moving form, which will be the triangle, we interpret the triangle as geometrical object that is used in math/physics/etc. We never see the triangle as something more then it really is. So the goal here is to make it into something more by bring it to life and animating it.

- Technical Diagram:



No comments:

Post a Comment